• File an Unauthorized Practice of Law(UPL) Complaint

    Read More

  • Forumulario de Queja de la Práctica Legal No Autorizada

    Read More

    Prosecuting the Unauthorized Practice of Law

    The Attorney General's Office can file civil lawsuits against individuals and companies engaged in the unauthorized practice of law.  Some of these cases involve people who are not licensed attorneys but who provide legal advice for a fee and/or attempt to represent clients in court. Other cases involve individuals and companies that prepare legal forms or documents to be used and signed by people representing themselves in legal matters.

    If you know of an individual or business that may be practicing law without a license, please file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office.  Complaint forms may be found at the links below.