Former Monsanto Chemical Company (Maury County, TN)
The Monsanto Chemical Company site in Maury County is located approximately five miles northwest of downtown Columbia, Tennessee between the Duck River and Williamsport Highway (State Route 50). The past use of the site by the Monsanto Chemical Company resulted in the properties associated with the site to have issues related to contamination by hazardous substances. To protect human health and the environment, the properties are subject to land use restrictions. The land use restrictions remain with the property regardless of ownership. To determine if a property is restricted or you want to learn more, the following resources are available:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Maury County Register of Deeds
- Deed and title records are maintained by the office of John Fleming, Maury County Register of Deeds.
- Sampling Guidelines
- The Division of Remediation has developed guidelines to determine what sampling requirements are required for your property.
- Voluntary Oversight and Assistance Program (VOAP)
- The Brownfield Voluntary Cleanup Oversight and Assistance Program (VOAP) is a voluntary program that can help you to address or develop property subject to the land use restrictions.
Need more information? Contact Us!
For questions or more information about the site, please contact, the Division of Remediation project manager, Cameron Swanson at 615-687-7069 or Cameron.Swanson@tn.gov. For record or file requests, use the TDEC Public Records Request form and request Division of Remediation site file number 60-534.
This Page Last Updated: August 25, 2021 at 11:30 AM