- View the Competitive Grant Webinar Slides (added 06/15/2023)
- View the Regionalization Grant Manual (added 03/30/2023)
- View the Water Reuse Grant Manual (added 03/30/2023)
- View the Resource Protection Grant Manual (added 03/30/2023)
- TDEC Presentation: Competitive Grant Webinar (added 04/12/2023)
- GMS User Guide (Procurement & Reimbursement) (updated 08/03/2023)
- Quick Reference Guides
- TDEC Presentation: March 2023 Non-Competitive Grant Workshop (added 03/16/2023)
- American Rescue Plan (ARP) Non-Competitive Grant Contract (added 02/17/2023)
This pro forma grant contract outlines the terms and conditions for all non-competitive grant awards. Individual grant contracts will specify the approved infrastructure type, project award type, maximum liability, recipient contact information, and the Grant Budget. All other terms and conditions will remain unchanged.
- TDEC Recording: Proper Procurement for ARP Non-Competitive Grant Applicants (added 12/20/2022)
Please Note: The recorded presentation misspeaks about "baby Davis bacon" compliance. ARP legislation states that Davis-Bacon applies for contracts greater than $10,000,000, not less than. The guidance also states that although you do not have a Davis- Bacon clause in contracts funded by ARP for less than $10M, if you combine ARP funds with other federal funds on prime construction contracts above $2,000, Davis- Bacon may be triggered if the rule is applicable for that source of funding.
- TDEC Presentation: Proper Procurement for ARP Non-Competitive Grant Applicants (added 12/19/2022)
- Implementation Guide (updated 08/03/2023)
This implementation guidance provides details for grantees of TDEC’s $1 billion non-competitive, formula-based grants opportunity. Funds are made available through the State Water Infrastructure Grants (SWIG) program to be used for eligible drinking water, wastewater, or stormwater projects. This guidance document details the contract and state and federal requirements for grantees to ensure compliance when executing projects using SWIG non-competitive grant funding. Grantees should also review this guidance for information on monitoring and risk assessments the state will conduct for each grantee. This guidance should be used to support the effort of the lead applicant and all partners, responsible parties, and project owners participating in this grant program.
This pro forma grant contract outlines the terms and conditions for all non-competitive grant awards. Individual grant contracts will specify the approved infrastructure type, project award type, maximum liability, recipient contact information, and the grant budget. All other terms and conditions will remain unchanged.
- Water Loss Control Plan Template
- General Outline of a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER)
- Site Certification
- In Lieu of Site Certification Sample Letter
- Engineering Plan Submittals
Engineering Document Submittals Workshop
TDEC hosted an Engineering Document Submittals Virtual Workshop and explained best practices for submitting engineering documents, such as engineering reports, and construction documents, to TDEC for review and approval.
Sample Bid Packages
This example document is provided for State Water Infrastructure Grants (SWIG) program grantees looking for an example of a competitive procurement utilizing a Request for Qualifications (RFQ). This particular example seeks to procure design architectural and engineering services.
This example document is provided for State Water Infrastructure Grants (SWIG) program grantees seeking an example of local government procurement using a sealed bid solicitation for professional services.
This example document is provided for State Water Infrastructure Grants (SWIG) program grantees seeking an example of local government procurement using a sealed bid solicitation for construction.
The following documents outline required supplementary requirements to be provided by the bidders and vendors of the project. These certifications should be completed by vendors during the procurement process and provided with the supporting documentation to support the procedures performed during the solicitation process.
- BYRD Anti-Lobbying Amendment Certification
- Iran Divestment Act Certificate
- Debarment Certification
- Non-Boycott of Israel Certification
- MWBE Certification
Required and Recommended Federal Contract Provisions
The following document outlines the required and recommended provisions that must be included in contracts that are being funded in part or whole with grant funding from the SLFRF.
- Required and Recommended SLFRF Contract Provisions
- Davis-Bacon and Certification of Labor Agreements Reporting Template (for projects greater than $10 million)
Required Construction Site Signage
- Identification Signage for Individual Projects Going to Construction
- Wage Rates – every employer performing work covered by the labor standards of the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts shall post a notice (including an applicable wage determination) at the site of the work in a prominent and accessible place where it may be easily seen by employees
- Permits - a copy of all applicable permits must be posted on-site for the duration of the permit(s) and be installed in accordance with all permit requirements
This grant manual details how TDEC is administering $1 billion through non-competitive, formula-based grants. This grant manual describes the non-competitive SWIG grant funding outlined in the WIIP.
This guide highlights the connection between building a comprehensive asset management plan (AMP) and addressing critical needs identified as red flags in the Tennessee Infrastructure Scorecard (Scorecard). Users should use this guide to assist addressing Scorecard AMP red flags to meet grant criteria as described in the Non-Competitive Grant Manual.
GMS Process for Requesting Procurement Approval and Reimbursement
The following document outlines the walkthrough of the steps to complete requesting a procurement review and a reimbursement in GMS. Additional resources will be included in GMS that will assist Grantees with completing these processes.
- GMS User Guide (Pages 5-36 for Procurement, Pages 39-53 for Reimbursement)
U.S. Treasury Guidance
Treasury has provided guidelines for receiving ARP SLFRF grants in several documents. The below documents outline the guidance provided by Treasury.
- SLFRF Final Rule
- SLFRF Final Rule FAQ
- SLFRF Compliance and Reporting Guidance
- Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200)
Recipients (and therefore grantees or subrecipients) must comply with the applicable requirements of the Uniform Guidance regarding procurement, contracting, and conflicts of interest and must follow the applicable laws and regulations in their jurisdictions.
- Asset Management Plan Guide (added 01/20/2023)
This guide highlights the connection between building a comprehensive asset management plan (AMP) and addressing critical needs identified as red flags in the Tennessee Infrastructure Scorecard (Scorecard). Users should use this guide to assist addressing Scorecard AMP red flags to meet grant criteria as described in the Non-Competitive Grant Manual. Some utilities may have asset management programs and plans that far exceed this guide and its companion templates. Other utilities may have elements of an AMP but lack the type of comprehensive plan that meets the grant requirements. Even if your utility has a robust AMP, your utility should use this guidance to assess your current AMP for areas of potential updates.
These companion Tennessee Asset Management Templates are Microsoft Excel Workbooks designed to help users assemble the minimum required data and information to begin building a comprehensive AMP. These workbooks will assist entities in identifying the criticality and potential improved needs of their drinking water, wastewater, and/or stormwater assets.
Please note that the workbooks were updated to Version 1.1 as of May 16, 2023. The updated workbooks use macros to introduce new features. If you used the Version 1 template and need assistance converting to the new versions, reach out to TDEC.ARP@tn.gov for support.
- Drinking Water Inventory Workbook-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- Drinking Water Inventory Workbook with Example Data-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- If you own or operate a drinking water system, please use this workbook.
- Wastewater Inventory Workbook-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- Wastewater Inventory Workbook Example-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- If you own or operation a wastewater system, please use this workbook.
- Stormwater Inventory Workbook-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- Stormwater Inventory Workbook with Example-Version 1.1 (updated 5/16/23)
- If you own or operate a stormwater system, please use this workbook.
- TDEC Presentation: October 2022 Virtual Q&A Session (added 10/15/2022)
- TDEC Guidance: Guidelines for Transferring Non-Competitive Grant State Allocations (added 07/12/2022)
- TDEC Presentation: July 2022 Update & Q&A Session (added 07/08/2022)
- TDEC Presentation: April 2022 Non-Competitive Grant Workshops (added 04/21/2022)
- TDEC Guidance: Non-Competitive Grant Manual (updated 04/18/2022)
- TDEC Guidance: Best Practices in Collaborative Planning (added 10/28/2021)
- Tennessee Infrastructure Scorecard
- Asset Management for Water and Wastewater Utilities (updated 10/28/2021)
- West Tennessee Regionalization Study (added 05/16/2023)
- Tennessee Resiliency Plan (updated 11/02/2022)
- State of Tennessee Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Technical Assistance Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (added 06/02/2022)
- Fully Utilizing American Rescue Plan Funding (TDEC, ECD, and the Comptroller of the Treasury) (added 08/01/2021)
- ARPA Local Relief Frequently Asked Questions
- Treasury Releases COVID-19 Recovery Fund Info
- H.R. 1319 – American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds – Interim Final Rule
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
This Page Last Updated: September 7, 2023 at 10:55 AM