EmPower TN is the Governor’s strategy to reduce the State’s energy consumption and costs for State-owned and managed facilities through the implementation of energy efficiency projects and energy management systems.
Using energy more efficiently is a critical first step in reducing costs and improving the State’s environmental footprint. EmPower is a part of the effort to keep our state an attractive place to live, work, and visit.
EmPower TN At a Glance:
• $37.5 million are appropriated for State energy efficiency projects.
• As of Q2 2019, $35.5 million are obligated to 34 energy efficiency projects benefiting 64 State-owned facilities across Tennessee.
• The estimated annual utility savings are $4.5 million/year with an average project simple payback of 7.9 years.
• The estimated annual energy savings are 40.6 million kWh.
EmPower TN Energy Conservation Measures:
• Optimization of Building Automation Systems (Existing Building Commissioning)
• Installation of LED lighting and control systems
• Installation of wireless thermostats for unitary equipment
• Mechanical upgrades for chilled water valves (Energy smart digital valves with controls)
• Replacement of inefficient HVAC equipment
• Boileren replacements (condensing boilers)
• Cooling Tower replacements
Energy Systems Engineer
TDEC Office of Energy Programs, State Facility Utility Management