The Toolbox has changed to become more of a stand alone product. The contents of the toolbox are accurate as of the day it was sent to production. All information (except web links) resides entirely on the toolbox so an internet connection is no longer required. For simplification, a new facility is defined as being registered for the first time on or after October 13, 2018.
The Division has updated our rules to comply with federal regulation. The following changes are or will be taking place:
- Tank Owners/Operators must comply with the new Notification requirement regarding spill bucket replacement. Effective immediately, the Division must be notified 72 hours prior to spill bucket replacement at any facility.
- UST Airport Hydrant Systems will no longer be exempt from regulations and must meet the requirements as set in the new Rule 0400-18-01-.17. The effective date of this change is 2021 for existing facilities and immediately for new facilities. Aboveground Airport Hydrant Systems are still exempt.
- USTs for emergency power generators will no longer be exempt from regulation. The effective date for this change is 2021. UST for Emergency power generators located at nuclear power generation facilities that are licensed and regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission are still exempt.
- Overfill Prevention Equipment must be inspected at least once every three (3) years. The effective date of this change is 2021 for existing facilities and immediately for new facilities.
- Operators of UST systems must conduct a walkthrough inspection of their facility monthly. Records of these inspections must be maintained and provided at the time of the regular compliance inspection. The effective date for this change is 2021 for existing facilities and immediately for new facilities.
- If you have any questions regarding regulations or rules or just want some information clarified, please contact your Environmental Field Office.
- We now have documents available in other languages. They can be found by clicking the link below:
This Page Last Updated: March 3, 2022 at 8:52 AM