- 2017 Revised Method Update Rule Information
- 40 CFR Part 136
- BOD Reporting Guidance
- Colilert EPA Method Description
- Common Deficiencies Found in the WWTP Lab
- EPA Planning for Sustainability Handbook
- MDL Examples and EPA Guidance
- Method 1603 – E. coli by MF using Modified mTEC agar
- Method Update Rule - Linear Regression Math 2018
- Method Update Rule - Method Detection Limit Math 2019
- Method Update Rule - Standard Deviation Math 2018
- Wastewater Lab Control Charts
Wastewater Analyses Method Update Rule
- Quick Reference for Method Update Rule
- Ammonia 4500-NH3 D
- Example Ammonia TNT830 QA QC
- BOD/cBOD 5210 B
- Chlorine, TR 4500-Cl G
- Guidance for Secondary Standards Use in Calibration
- Hach LDO Method 10360
- Method Update Rule Presentation
- Oxygen, dissolved 4500-O G
- Oxygen, dissolved 10360
- pH 4500-H B
- Phosphorus, Total 4500-P D
- Quick Reference for E. coli Analysis
- Settleable Solids 2540 F
- Temperature 2550 B
- Total Dissolved Solids 2540 C
- TSS 2540 D
The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) and Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) has partnered to expand individual opportunities for earning course credit and certifications through TDEC’s Fleming Training Center in Murfreesboro, online and at other statewide locations.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the water supply and sanitation sector are expected to experience an employment growth rate of 45 percent in coming years due to regulations, infrastructure growth, security, and customer demands.
This is a comprehensive plan that provides degree paths for both traditional-age students preparing to enter the workforce for the first time and for adult learners who are already in the water and wastewater industries.
Under this partnership agreement, MTSU will grant college credit for Tennessee Water and Wastewater Operators Certifications, and help operators wanting to complete a bachelors degree with:
- A degree completion program utilizing previous college work
- College credit for prior learning including some Fleming Training Center courses.
- College credit for military experience (learning)
- College credit for professional certifications
Under the agreement, MTSU will also provide:
- Individual academic advising for students.
- A free, one-hour “first course” that will help adult students make the transition back to school.
- A scholarship amount equal to the tuition for the final course or $1,000 (whichever is less), for students who maintain consecutive term degree progress (five courses a year regardless of the term) and maintain a “C” average GPA.
For traditional college students wishing to enter the water and wastewater field, MTSU will also begin offering a bachelor's degree in water resources technology in their Department of Environmental Sustainability and Technology. This first of its kind degree program was created through a collaboration between Fleming Training Center and MTSU faculty and staff to meet the demand that municipalities, utilities, and industry in Tennessee have for individuals with Water and Wastewater Facility operation skills.
Students and operators interested in one of these programs should contact:
Fleming Training Center has entered into a first of its kind partnership with Columbia Southern University to enhance opportunities of Tennessee Water and Wastewater Operators to further their education. Columbia Southern University has reviewed all of the Fleming Training Center’s courses and will grant college credit for several of them at no additional charge!
The list of FTC courses operators can get credit for at Columbia Southern University is available on their website. Once they have been completed at FTC, these courses can be applied for credit at either the Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree level and can be combined with other transfer credit.
CSU is a fully-accredited online university with programs in a wide variety of fields including Environmental Management and Occupational Safety and Health among others.
For more information please contact:
Christie R. Ball • Partnership Liaison
Columbia Southern University • Corporate Outreach
Phone: 251-923-4239 x 1330 • Fax: 251.981.3815
21982 University Lane • Orange Beach, AL 36561