Energy Conservation & Efficiency
Americans spend an estimated $250 billion every year on energy for buildings. Using equipment and methods that conserve energy saves the individual or company money, while at the same time conserving the environment and usually improving the quality of the workplace. Anywhere from better lighting that costs less to operate, to heating systems that last longer with less maintenance, to an overall better work environment is potentially possible through energy efficient upgrades to existing equipment.
General Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Conservation facts and ideas
- Establishing an Energy Management Program and Identifying Energy Savings Opportunities. This is a guidebook for small manufacturers on how to set up an energy management program.
Links to More Information
- Energy Star Homepage
- EPA Environmental Stewardship
- Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium
- Home Energy Saver
- MTSU's Center for Energy Efficiency
- TN Department of Environment and Conservation - Office of Energy Programs
- TN Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
- TVA Energy Right Program
- TVA Green Switch (replaces the TVA Green Power Switch program)
- US DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy