Monthly Service Challenge
Each month, a new mission will be posted as motivation for us all to roll up our sleeves and serve our communities. Be sure to keep the Office of the First Lady in the loop by posting on social media using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be recognized as a Service Spotlight. Grab your friends, family, classmates or colleagues and join us as Tennessee Serves!
This December, the Tennessee Serves monthly challenge is simply to give back. By donating items, your time or resources, you can make a difference in your community this holiday season.
Looking for ways to give back? Try one of these activities:
- Write notes of encouragement to elderly neighbors
- Donate food items to your local food pantry
- Serve at a homeless shelter
- Purchase new toys to give to a children’s hospital
- Pack treat bags for first responders working on the holidays
- Volunteer with recovery efforts in Waverly
Remember to post on social media about how you participated in this month’s challenge using #TennesseeServes for a chance to be featured as one of our service spotlights!