About Tennessee Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Education and Support (TCAPES)
TCAPES (Tennessee Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Education and Support) is a program that supports the integration of mental health care into pediatric primary care. TCAPES will help address the increasing behavioral health needs of children and adolescents and the mental health provider shortages in Tennessee. TCAPES is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration, or HRSA.
To provide pediatric Primary Care Providers (PCPs) in Tennessee, with training on screening and management of behavioral health conditions, assistance in finding community resources and access to pediatric and adolescent psychiatry consultation services. Mental health consultation services are for pediatric PCPs with practice locations within Tennessee.
- To improve access to mental health care for children and adolescents within the pediatric primary care setting.
- To provide enrolled PCPs with psychiatry consultation services and support collaboration between PCPs and mental health providers.
- To provide training for pediatric PCPs on screening and management of behavioral health conditions.
- To provide referrals to behavioral health resources and services within the community.
- To address health disparities in access to mental health care.
We invite all providers and practices serving the pediatric age group (less than 21 years of age) within the state of Tennessee to enroll at no cost to the provider. Enrollment will help us streamline our response to consultations and help sustain our funding, so that we can continue to provide this service.
New providers can find the enrollment form HERE.
BHS - Behavioral Health Specialist ; CAP - Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist