TCAPES program is not meant to replace necessary emergency services. If a patient is in crisis, they are advised to go to the nearest emergency department.
Life threatening situations- Dial 9-1-1
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- Dial 9-8-8
Crisis services for children and youths | https://www.tn.gov/behavioral-health/need-help/children-and-youth.html
Tennessee suicide prevention resources:
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Resource Center | Resource Centers (aacap.org)
Screening tools serve as a resource in identifying mental health concerns and monitoring treatment progress. However, administration of screening tools does not result in a diagnosis. TCAPES provides training on specific screening tools.
- ADHD | NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Scales (PDF)
- Aggression | Modified Overt Aggression Scale
- Anxiety | GAD-7 General Anxiety Disorder-7) | SCARED (Screen for Childhood Anxiety-Related Disorders:Child Self-Report)
- Autism | M-CHAT for ages 16-30 months
- Eating Disorders | SCOFF Questions (PDF)
- Substance Abuse | CRAFFT
- Suicide | PHQ-9 (PDF)
- Trauma/Adverse Childhood Experiences