The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program recognizes that businesses are important customers and is committed to being a viable resource for Tennessee businesses in finding solutions for disability-related issues such as:
- Locating a talent pool of skilled candidates
- Retaining a valued employee whose job is affected by illness, injury or disability
- Accessing no-cost resources to save your company time and money
- Finding ways to make your business accessible to customers and employees with disabilities
- Linking your company to multi-state resources
For many years, VR’s Business Services program has been meeting the needs of many businesses. Specially-trained business employment consultants provide access to a wide array of products, services, resources, and solutions for disability issues in the workplace. If needed, our national network, The NET (www.rehabnetwork.org/customers-2/business), can assist your company beyond Tennessee’s borders.
Person –to-Person Recruitment
Connect with a local Business Employment Consultant (BEC) to customize recruitment efforts for your position vacancies. These staff work directly with businesses throughout Tennessee, but are locally based, and will offer the following services to address your specific recruitment needs:
- Job Site review - to become acquainted with the specifications of your vacancies and your screening preferences for the best match
- Pre-screening before referral - a customized review of each job candidate to determine if they can meet the demands of your job vacancies based upon your priorities for knowledge, skills and abilities
- No obligation, no-cost “tryout” - the U.S. Department of Labor has created pre-hire work options for selected candidates from Tennessee’s VR program. If you’ve never hired a person with a disability before, or if you’re not sure that a particular candidate can perform the job tasks, you can use this option to try out a potential hire and determine if it’s the right match. During the pre-hire trial period, we will work with you to make sure the candidate can do the job and, if necessary, consider any accommodations that might be helpful for a successful hire
- Job Site training - an option to provide wage reimbursement to cover your costs for training a Vocational Rehabilitation referral that is hired…OR access to a Vocational Rehabilitation provided “job coach” on site to ensure one-on-one coaching for a new hire
- Post hire follow-up - our staff are always available to assist you with questions or issues related to an employee you have hired in partnership with us. We will continue to work with you to meet your future needs as business demands change
- Outplacement assistance: As your outplacement specialist, we can assist employees with disabilities that can no longer work for your company and who want to re-employ with another
- Tax Credit opportunities are also available
To find a point of contact in your area, please call 1-833-772-TDHS (8347).
Fill Out a Referral
If you would like to submit a referral for VR services (which help individuals with disabilities get, keep, or advance in a job) for either yourself or someone else, please click the link below.