Temporary Tags

Temporary Operation Permits (Red Tags) are available to vehicle owners experiencing title problems. Temporary Operation Permits cannot be issued for:

  • salvage vehicles

To obtain a Temporary Operation Permit, submit to your local county clerk

  • Ownership papers
  • Proof that something is being done to clear up problem
  • Driver's license
  • $10 fee

Visit the Contact Us page (or submit a request to Revenue Help) to see Revenue office locations.