Members / Applicants

Open and read all mail from TennCare. Follow the directions and make sure to return requested information.

Applying for TennCare

If you do not have TennCare and want to see if you can get it now, you can apply by using TennCare Connect. TennCare Connect is a self-service portal that allows applicants and members to create an account, check your status, report changes, read letters, and more!

For more information on how to apply for TennCare, go to How Do I Apply for TennCare?

Do you need help applying for TennCare? There are four ways that you can get help:

  1. You can call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701 to get help over the phone.
  2. You can go to any DHS office in any of Tennessee’s 95 counties. A trained staff person there will help you apply. Call 866-311-4287 to find a DHS office near you.
  3. You can get help from private groups. To find someone near you, call 866-475-7879.
  4. If you have a disability, someone can even come to your house to help you apply for TennCare. Just call your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) at 1-866-836-6678.

If you need help getting Long Term Care or you want to apply for a Medicare Savings Program, please visit Long Term Care web page.

Already have TennCare but have questions?

  • Have questions about your TennCare coverage? Call your health plan or call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701.
  • Do you have receipts and/or bills for healthcare or medicine you received on or after your coverage started?
  • If the receipts and/or bills are for healthcare we cover, your health plan may be able to help you with those. They must get the receipts and/or bills within 60 days from when we sent you this letter.
  • If you have TennCare now but your TennCare didn’t start when you first applied at the Marketplace, call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701. Tell them you want to file an effective date appeal.

Don’t have TennCare and have questions?

  • If you applied for TennCare but still haven’t heard from us, call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701. Tell them you want to file a delayed application appeal.

Need Help with Renewal Packet?

Each year, we must see if you still qualify for our programs. Did you receive a letter and Renewal Packet in the mail? Fill out the Renewal Packet that came in the mail with your letter. Be sure to answer all of the questions that you can. And, send us the proof we ask for in the Renewal Packet. Sending us proof with your packet can help us make a faster decision on your coverage.

We’ll use your answers to see if you can keep your coverage or not. The kind of coverage you have may change. To decide, we’ll look at things like your age, your household income, how many people live with you, and if you have other insurance.

Still have questions about your Renewal Packet? Call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701. They can help you.

Do you want to apply for TennCare CHOICES in Long Term or a Medicare Savings Program, like QMB or SLMB? Click on link below.

TennCare can help. Some people applied at but still haven't gotten a decision. Have you waited for a decision for more than 45 days (or more than 90 days if you applied for long-term care)? You can now ask for a “delay hearing”. To ask for a delay hearing, call us at 855-259-0701. OR download TennCare Eligibility Appeal . If you click on the link, fill out the page and follow the instructions. That page tells you how to send it to us by mail or fax.

You may be able to enroll your baby right now. TennCare and CoverKids have made it easy to enroll newborns over the phone:

  • Do you already have TennCare? Call 855-259-0701 when your baby is born.
  • Do you have CoverKids? Call 855-259-0701 when your baby is born.
  • If you don’t have TennCare or CoverKids, you can apply for your baby over the phone. Call 855-259-0701.

Tell TennCare about changes to your address, family size, or job.

State law says you must tell us about changes that may affect your TennCare.

If you have TennCare Medicaid, you must report these changes within 10 days of the change.

Report a change to TennCare Connect right away if:

  • You move.
  • You change jobs.
  • Your family size changes.
  • Your income changes.
  • You get insurance or can get insurance through your job or a family member's job.

There are several ways to report a change. You only have to pick one:

  1. Call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701.
  2. Use your TennCare Connect online account at
    Haven’t created an online account yet? Go to and click on the Get Started button. After you create an account and have logged in, select Link My Case from the menu option at the top. You’ll need to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) to link your case to your TennCare Connect account.
  3. Use the TennCare Mobile App to report phone or address changes.
    Haven’t downloaded it yet? Go to the App Store or Google Play store and look for TennCare Connect. After installing the app, create an account by clicking the Get Started button. You’ll need to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) to link your case to your TennCare Connect account.

    After you report a change, we may ask you for proof or more information. Be sure to keep the originals for your records and only send us a copy.

Sending us Information

When you send us your copy (or copies) please:

  • Send THE page that came with your letter from TennCare. “How to Send Information to TennCare”. It includes a barcode and that will help us know you’ve sent something to us.
  • AND write your name, your date of birth and this number (the case number, application number, or appeal number is printed here) on each additional page you send us.

Important: If you don’t have the page that came with your letter, you must write your name, and date of birth on every page you send.

There are several ways to get this to us. You only have to pick one:

  1. Use your online account at
  2. Use the TennCare Connect mobile app.
  3. Fax it to: 855-315-0669

    Be sure to keep the page that says your fax went through.
  4. Mail it to: TennCare Connect
    P.O. Box 305240
    Nashville, TN 37230-5240

Questions? Call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701.

If you want to mail or fax us your new address, you can use the TennCare Change of Address Reporting Form. English Spanish

If so, you must tell the Social Security Administration about your changes too! Do you need the phone number to your local SSA office? Find your local SSA office.

Or, check the blue pages in your local phone book.

You must renew your TennCare every year. When it's time for you to renew, you'll get a letter from TennCare that tells you how.

Do you need a list of companies that sell HIPAA plans ?

  • The 1095-B is an IRS tax document. You can use it as proof you had qualifying health care coverage (also called minimum essential coverage). Do you need a 1095-B for you or someone else in your household? Tell us. You can ask us to send you one for each person in your household who had coverage with us last tax year.
  • Find out how to get your health coverage tax document and answers to common questions in The 1095-B FAQ.