Workforce Services Division
Workforce Services offers job placement and training programs for Tennesseans and plays an active role in community and workforce development.
Call Workforce Services at 844-224-5818 (Option 3, then 1)
Where to access services
About the Workforce Services Division
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce's Division of Workforce Services focuses on job placement and training programs for Tennesseans.
The priority is for Tennessee to lead in jobs, education, and government efficiency. The workforce system supports strong regional economies and plays an active role in community and workforce development.
Workforce Services delivers the Department’s employment and educational services to employers and job seekers in local American Job Centers and partner agencies and online at Jobs4TN.gov.
The Tennessee Office of Reentry (OOR) is housed in the Workforce Services Division of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and has been in existence since July 1, 2021. Inspired by Governor Bill Lee’s vision, the OOR’s mission is to provide comprehensive workforce services to support justice involved individuals who are reentering society. OOR seeks to improve reentry efforts statewide through a collaborative, strategic, and data-driven approach.
Among the programs and services available to job seekers at American Job Centers are:
- Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program (Title I) funding is available to eligible participants for career and training services.
- Youth Services (Title I) are available to eligible youth, ages 14-24, who face employment and education barriers.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) assists U.S. workers who have lost their jobs as a result of foreign trade by providing opportunities leading to re-employment.
- SNAP E&T (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training) services are a combined effort of the Department of Human Services, Department of Labor and Workforce Development and community partnerships. SNAP E&T prepares SNAP (formerly referred to as “Food Stamps”) recipients for employment through work-related education and training activities.
- The Jobs for Veterans State Grants (JVSG) program helps veterans transition to meaningful civilian employment by providing employment services at the American Job Centers and other locations.
- RESEA (Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment) is a federally funded program that provides reemployment services to unemployment claimants.
- MSFW (Migrant & Seasonal Farm Workers) program provides outreach and basic labor exchange services to those who are identified as migrant or seasonal farmworkers.
- H2-A (Agricultural Recruitment Program) helps employers recruit temporary alien workers when qualified U.S. workers are not available.
- SCSEP (Senior Community Service Employment Program) provides marketable community service and work-based job training to seniors 55 and older.
- Eligible Training Provider (ETP) List is a directory for postsecondary school and training providers and programs that assist with upgrading participants’ education and or skills. They are certified to receive students using WIOA funds.
- Apprenticeship TN is the name for the state’s apprenticeship office, which helps foster a better understanding of the benefits of Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs), Tennessee's Apprenticeship Office has three regional directors to serve the state.
Among the programs and services available to employers at American Job Centers are:
- Business Services Team (BST) - Tennessee’s American Jobs Centers are equipped to assist businesses with recruiting, hiring, training, or upgrading skills for their workforce.
- WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) exists to incentivize private businesses hiring individuals who consistently face significant employment barriers.
- Rapid Response offers many services to help businesses and workers deal with the effects of layoffs and plant closures.
- Consolidated Business Grants (CBG) program assists businesses with training. The program works to build the skills of their employees and improve productivity and workforce retention.
This Page Last Updated: June 22, 2022 at 3:43 PM