Certified Physician Program
Registration Resumes November 1, 2023
CPP Resumes Operations on November 1, 2023.
The Certified Physician Program rules have been approved by the Tennessee Attorney General’s office and the Government Operations Committee of the Tennessee General Assembly. The Certified Physician Program will resume normal operations on November 1, 2023. At that time, physicians will be able to register for the online “Best Practices for Treating and Evaluating Injured Workers” and apply for an appointment to the CPP Registry.
Owing to the pause in the program, previously appointed physicians will begin their term anew on November 1, 2023. At that time, they will also be eligible to receive the enhanced fees in accordance with the Medical Fee Schedule.
Sign up here to be notified when the program returns.
All parties in a workers’ compensation claim can benefit from the practices taught to physicians in this program.
- Find physicians easier
- Lower claims costs with better trained physicians
- A shared focus on return to work
- A quicker return to work
- Better access to healthcare
- Better health outcomes and a potential reduction in long-term disability
- Greater visibility and expanded practice
- Enhanced fees Continuing Medical Education Credits granted for CPP training modules
- Automatic qualification for appointment to the Medical Impairment Rating (MIR) Registry
- Learn “Best Practices for Treating and Evaluating Injured Workers”
- Greater clarity, confidence, and access to additional resources
The physicians listed here have met the criteria and are officially recognized by the Tennessee Bureau of Workers' Compensation as certified physicians. Download Full CPP Registry Data
Approved Medical Impairment Rating Training
For appointments to the (MIR) Registry or the Certified Physician Program (CPP) Registry, we require training in the AMA GuidesTM to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Sixth Edition. Training may be from either the Bureau or an approved vendor. The Bureau will not be offering AMA GuidesTM training in 2022.
This Page Last Updated: September 22, 2023 at 1:35 PM